Sunday April 15th blizzard to Sunday April 22nd thaw – ah what a difference a week makes!
Springtime is upon us (finally) and it’s time to start thinking about planting for pollinators. Below are some key resources to help you with planning your garden and yard:
Resources for Pollinators
- MN Pollinators – MN Department of Natural Resources
- Native Pollinators
- 100 Plants to Feed the Bees (book) by The Xerces Society
- University of MN Extension flowers for pollinators
- University of MN Bee Lab Flowers for Bees
- Xerxes Society Pollinator Conservation in MN and WI
- Plants for MN Bees
- Biology of Plants – Pollination
Last year when the bees arrived it was about 62 degrees and sunny. Today the high was 32 and low of 5 degrees tonight and no end in sight for the cold in the next week or so. It’s the worst case scenario for installing bees. So…time to get creative with 128,000 bees in the laundry room overnight and installing them tomorrow. Stressful time in the bee yard – praying they make it through the cold the next week.